Year found: 1930
Legal form State
National Research University "Moscow Power Engineering Institute"
Year found: 1930
Legal form: State
Awards: Bachelor Degree
Study language: Russian, English
Experience in teaching foreign students and total amount of overseas alumni Education of foreigners since1946. Total amount of alumni - about 7500.
Moscow Power Institute (Technical University) – MPEI – was founder in1930in Moscow at the very beginning of world power engineering development and was widened and enlarged with discovering of new energy sources, solving new scientific and technological problems, implementing of new methods of energy generation, distribution and consumption. MPEI is of the same age as Russia Power Engineering.
Now MPEI is the largest educational and scientific centre, one of the main technical universities in Russia in the field of Power Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Radio Engineering and Electronics, Informatics and Computer Science. MPEI is rigged up with educational and scientific laboratories, offices and lecture halls with modern equipment and technical training aids. MPEI has the official status of Technical University and is a member of International Association of Universities, which represents interests of international higher education. MPEI holds one of the leading places in every-year official rating among technical universities of Russia.
Now MPRI consists of 7 Technical Institutes, Preliminary faculty, Qualification raising faculty for specialists from industry and educational institutions, Institute of Humanities, Institute of technology, ecology and business, Russian –German Institute MPEI-FESTO, Institute of business safety and Linguistics Institute. There are 70 Departments in MPEI, 550educational laboratories for students, more than 100 research laboratories and High-tech Centre. Now more than 12,000 students and 500 Ph.d. students are trained at MPEI, including 900 foreign students and postgraduates from 66 countries.
Moscow is the capital, the most populous city, and the most populous federal subject of Russia. The city is a major political, economic, cultural, religious, financial, educational, and transportation centre of Russia and the world, a global city. Moscow is the most populous city on the continent of Europe and the seventh largest city proper in the world, a megacity. The population of Moscow (as of 1 January 2010) is 10,562,099.
It is located by the Moskva River in the Central Federal District, in the European part of Russia. Moscow sits on the junction of three geological platforms. Historically, it was the capital of the former Soviet Union, Russian Empire (for three years in 1728–30), the Tsardom of Russia, and the Grand Duchy of Moscow. It is the site of the Moscow Kremlin, one of the World Heritage Sites in the city, which serves as the residence of the President of Russia. The Russian parliament (the State Duma and the Federation Council) and the Government of Russia also sit in Moscow.
Moscow is a major economic centre. It is home to many scientific and educational institutions, as well as numerous sport facilities. It possesses a complex transport system that includes four international airports, nine railroad terminals, and the world's second busiest (after Tokyo) metro system which is famous for its architecture and artwork. Its metro is the busiest single-operator subway in the world.
Moscow remains the educational center of Russia and many countries of Asia, Africa and Latin America. There are 222 institutes of higher education, including 60 state universities & 90 colleges. Some of these offer a wide-spectrum of programs, but most are centered around a specific field. This is a hold-over from the days of the USSR, when Sovietwide there were only a handful of wide-spectrum "universities" and a large number of narrow-specialization "institutes" (mostly in Moscow & St.Petersburg). Moscow offers some of the best business/management, science, & arts schools in the world. Moscow is also a popular destination for foreign students.
Automatics and Computer engineering:
• Applied Mathematics and Informatics
• Equipment and Methods of Quality Control and diagnostics
• Control and Informatics in Technical Systems
• Computing Machines, Complexes, Systems and Networks
• Computing Aided Design Systems
• Information Systems and Technologies
Electrical Power Engineering:
• Management of Enterprise (in Electrical Power Engineering)
• High – Voltage Electric and Power Engineering
• Non – Conventional and Renewable Energy Sources
• Relay Control and Automation of Electrical Power System
• Electric Power Stations
• Electric Power Systems and Networks
• Electric Power Supply (in industries)
Power Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics
• Boiler and Reactor Manufacturing
• Gas and Steam Turbine Installations and Engines
• Machines and Technologies for Highly Efficient Material Processing
• Dynamics and Strength of Machines
• Hydraulic Machines, Hydraulic Drives, Hydro – and Pneumatic Control
• Robots and Robotic Systems
• Management of Enterprise (in Electrical Engineering)
• Electrical and Electronic Apparatuses
• Electrical Drive and Automation of Industrial Installations and Technological System
• Electrical – Technological Installations and Systems
• Electrical Transport
• Electrical Equipment of Flying Vehicles
• Electrical Equipment of Factories, Offices and Institutions
• Electrical Insulators and Cables Engineering , Capacitors Technology
• Engineering environmental Protection
Power Engineering Efficiency Problems
• Economics and Management of Enterprises (in Thermal Power Industry)
• Industrial Heat – and – Power Engineering
• Power Engineering of Heat Technologies
• Power Supply of Enterprises
• Automatic Production and Technology Processes ( in industry)
Radio Engineering and Electronics
• Biotechnological and Medical Devices and Systems
• Radio – Physics and Electronics
• Radio Engineering
• Household Radio Electronic Equipment
• Radio-Electronic System
• Illuminating Technology and Light Sources
• Quantum and Optical Electronics
• Microelectronics and Solid State Electronics
• Electronic Devices and Systems
• Industrial Electronics
Head and Nuclear Power Engineering
• Management of Enterprise (in Thermal Power Engineering)
• Thermal Power Stations
• Water and Fuel Technology on the Thermal and Nuclear Power Stations
• Low Temperature Physics and Technology
• Thermal Physics
• Technical Physics
• Technical Physics of Nuclear Reactors and Plasma Installations
• Automatic Production and Technology Processes ( in industry)
Technology, Economics and Business
• Crisis – Proof Administration
• Management of Enterprise
• Quality Control
• Finances and Credit
• Accounting, Analysis and Audit
• Mathematical Methods in Economics
• State and Municipal in economics
• Applied Informatics
• Interior Art
PhD course in Russian language
Mathematics and Mechanics
Computer science and Informatics
Physics and Astronomy
Informatics and Computer Engineering
Electronics, Radio Engineering and Communication Systems
Photonics, Instrumentation, Optical and Bioengineering Systems and Technologies
Electrical and Thermal Engineering
Control in Engineering Systems
Nuclear, Thermal and Renewable Energy and Associated Technologies
Physical and Engineering Science and Technologies
Foreign students studying at MPEI under contract live in a comfortable hostel for foreign students. Unauthorized persons are not admitted to the hostel. Students of B.Sc. and M.Sc. courses usually live in 3- or 4-bed rooms; postgraduates and trainees are accommodated in one-bed rooms (for extra pay). Rooms are furnished with bed, tables, chairs, lamps, wardrobes and bookshelves. All bed linen including pillows, pillow cases, sheets, blankets are provided by the hostel administration. There is a kitchen and 2 shower rooms on each floor of the hostel. Additional shower rooms may be found in the basement.
In the MPEI campus there are additional services (laundry, shops, repair offices, post-office, culture centre, cafes etc.) and foreign students can pay and use them on the conditions acting for Russia students.
Accommodation fee is USD 70 - 80 per month.
Stadium and sport facilities
Recreational sport camps near Moscow and in Crimea at the Black Sea coast
Tuition fee list available for EEUA Certified Agencies only.
Log into your Agency Account to see Tuition fee list
If you need help with registering Agency account please contact Ms Tatiana firstname.lastname@example.org