Year found: 1896
Legal form State
MOSCOW STATE UNIVERSITY OF RAILWAY ENGINEERING (MIIT)
Year found: 1896
Legal form: State
Awards: Bachelor Degree
Study language: Russian
MIIT was founded in 1896. It is the largest educational university complex in Russia, Russian leader in the field of training and retraining of specialists for transport and transport construction.
There are currently 126,000 students, including those who take pre-university and supplementary professional training. MIIT comprises 2 academies, 9 institutes, Scientific Research Institute of Transport and Transport Construction, 3 faculties, 2 colleges, a gymnasium, 37 branches in 24 constituent entities of the Russian Federation.
MIIT offers 58 study programmes for students working for higher degrees, provides high professional training in 32 study programmes, training and retraining of skilled labour in132 most demanded professions, 62 study programmes are offered to research students. There are 3,350 members of academic staff, with more than 230 doctors of science.
In MIIT there are about 30 academic schools which enjoy a considerable reputation in the international community. The University issues such journals as “The World of Transport” (“Mir Transporta”), “Transport Science and Engineering”, “Vestnik of MIIT”).
MIIT is the basic university of Education and Methods Association in the field of railway transport and transport construction, the Association of Transport Universities of the Russian Federation, the International Transport Universities Association.
Moscow is the capital, the most populous city, and the most populous federal subject of Russia. The city is a major political, economic, cultural, religious, financial, educational, and transportation centre of Russia and the world, a global city. Moscow is the most populous city on the continent of Europe and the seventh largest city proper in the world, a megacity. The population of Moscow (as of 1 January 2010) is 10,562,099.
It is located by the Moskva River in the Central Federal District, in the European part of Russia. Moscow sits on the junction of three geological platforms. Historically, it was the capital of the former Soviet Union, Russian Empire (for three years in 1728–30), the Tsardom of Russia, and the Grand Duchy of Moscow. It is the site of the Moscow Kremlin, one of the World Heritage Sites in the city, which serves as the residence of the President of Russia. The Russian parliament (the State Duma and the Federation Council) and the Government of Russia also sit in Moscow.
Moscow is a major economic centre. It is home to many scientific and educational institutions, as well as numerous sport facilities. It possesses a complex transport system that includes four international airports, nine railroad terminals, and the world's second busiest (after Tokyo) metro system which is famous for its architecture and artwork. Its metro is the busiest single-operator subway in the world.
Moscow remains the educational center of Russia and many countries of Asia, Africa and Latin America. There are 222 institutes of higher education, including 60 state universities & 90 colleges. Some of these offer a wide-spectrum of programs, but most are centered around a specific field. This is a hold-over from the days of the USSR, when Sovietwide there were only a handful of wide-spectrum "universities" and a large number of narrow-specialization "institutes" (mostly in Moscow & St.Petersburg). Moscow offers some of the best business/management, science, & arts schools in the world. Moscow is also a popular destination for foreign students.
Transport Engineering and Operation Management
• Management of personnel
• Management (Consulting)
• Industrial thermal power engineering
• Facilities and technology of increasing wear resistance and restoration of machine parts
• Machine building technology
• Goods-lift transport construction and road machines and equipment
• Railway cars
• Standardization and certification
• Robots and robotic systems
• Operation of Innovations
• Management of high technologies
Railway Track, Construction and Structures
• Quality management
• Computer-aided design systems
• Industrial and civil engineering
• Bridges and transport tunnels
• Railway construction, track and track facilities
• Informatics and computer engineering
Rail Operation and Information Technologies
• Applied mathematics and informatics
• Software and administration of information systems
• Management (Transport)
• Management (Informatics)
• Logistics and management of deliveries
• Train operation and transport management
• Informatics and computer engineering
• Automated systems of data processing and control
• Computers, computing complexes, networks and systems
• Software for computing engineering and automated systems
• Information systems and technologies
Control Systems, Telecommunication and Electrification
• Computing safety
• Electrotechniques, Electromechanics and Electrotechnologies
• Electric transport of railways
• Railway power supply
• Automation, telemechanics and communication in railway transport
• Automation and Control
• Metrology and metrological control
• Control and information in engineering systems
Economics and Finance
• World economics
• Finance and credit
• Accounting, analysis and audit
• Enterprise economy and management
• Applied informatics (in economics)
• Expertise and management of real estate
• Economics of labour
• Applied informatics
• Organization and traffic safety (railway)
• Safety of engineering field
• Engineering protection of the environment
• Organization and technology of protection of the information
• Public relations
• State and municipal management
• Management (in sports)
• Welfare service and tourism
• Taxes and taxation
• Customs law and regulations
All the foreign students are provided with a room in a student hostel. The hostel is of a flat-style. There are a separate lavatory and a bathroom in a block that consists of 2 rooms (for 2 or 3 persons). There is a common kitchen on every floor.
When student arrive to airport he/she will be met and transferred to university. At university student have orientation and welcome brief. After orientation student will be placed at university hostel.
During all time of studying at university foreign students are supported by qualified team of International Department. All their needs will be satisfied with pleasure. There is very helpful consultancy for students who have educational difficulties. University has own security system.
All university hostels are secured and have time restrictions for guest to ensure safety and good condition of living. The Russian people are well-wishing and peaceful. Cities are secured by powerful police system observation. You will find that we share dry, cynical humor about people and events. There is no racism at all. Strangers will be extremely friendly with you and be impressed that you made the effort to visit their country over their more visited neighbors. Foreign people came to Russia for education or business highly respected by Russian people. So, welcome, Russia is waiting for you!
The University is a regular participant in large international projects including EU ones. MIIT promotes diversified collaboration with 64 partners from 32 countries. The largest home and foreign partners of the University are JSC “RZD”, “Transstroy” corporation, Moscow Government, Moscow Underground, Chamber of Commerce RF, DB, Spanish, Finnish and French Railways, such companies as “Alstom” and “Siemens”. Students from 26 countries are trained at the University.
Preparatory course (1 year) - USD 3500
Bachelor degree 4 years USD 2850-3000 per year (depending on specialisation)
Master degree 2 years USD 3400-4050 per year (depending on specialisation)
PhD 3 years USD 4100 - 4250 per year
- Accommodation: USD 55-100 per month
- Medical insurance: USD 180 per year
- Living expenses: from USD 400 per month
- Airport transfer: USD 100
Please note, tuition fee could change (1-3%) due to exchange rate. 25/06/2013 update